Instructions for Registering in SAM
Notice To Vendors - SAM
- Dun & Bradstreet (DUNS) Number – To register in the System for Award Management (SAM), you will need a DUNS number. If you do not have a DUNS number, one can be requested – without charge – at http://fedgov.dnb.com/webform.
- SAM Registration – Once you have a DUNS number, you can register in SAM by going to the following website: www.sam.gov.
- SAM Registration Information – To complete SAM registration, you will need the following information.
- Business Information: name, address, email, business start date, fiscal year-end close date, Tax Identification Number (SSN or EIN), Points of contact (name, phone/email)
- Banking Information: ABA Routing Number, Account Number, Bank ACH (phone or email)
- Other Information:
- Commercial and Government Entity (CAGE) code. Note: If you do not have a CAGE code for your entity, one will be assigned automatically during the registration process.
- Further Assistance – If you need further assistance, please contact the SAM Help Desk at www.fsd.gov,
866-606-8220 or the Help tab on the SAM website.